If you feel as though you’re constantly struggling to style your mane each morning we are here to tell you that the answer likely lies within what your hair gets up to between salon visits. Good old-fashioned daily habits that make or break your hair. We’ve listed 10 Things Women With Fabulous Hair Do for you to take notice of next time you’re planning a night of self care.
1. Have a good hair care plan Depending on your hair goals and hair concerns, our InVogue stylists are well trained to recommend the necessary products. When you are using the right haircare products, you’ll begin to notice differences in the look and feel. We are always here to help and want you to know that whichever concern your are facing, we are the experts! Our range of in salon treatment services combined with our stylists training and education and our luxury range of haircare from Multiphlex, Rain Dance, Artego Good Society and Me&My, we have you covered.
2. Always protect from heat styling, avoid when you can too :)
If you have to use heat tools (blow dryers, curling irons, wands, straighteners etc) to style your hair, make sure you always apply a heat protectant like Artego Thermo Shirld a it is essential to prevent damage and breakage.
3. Keep the Shower cool. When you’re washing your hair it’s important to remember not to have the water too hot. Excess heat can leave your hair lifeless and limp. Not to mention it can wash out the colour early. Instead, opt for warm water, with a cool blast to finish. Colder water helps to lock in the nutrients for a beautiful, healthy, shinier finish.
4. Keep your hair clean We’re sure you’ve heard about the movement to not shampoo your hair to preserve natural oils but it’s essential to listen to your hair. Using hair care that’s customized to your concerns works to reduce split ends, provide needed moisture and gives hair an overall clean and shiny look. Not sure how often to shampoo? Depending on your stylist’s specific recommendations, wash daily if you live in a city with pollution or humidity, or work out daily. Wash every few days if you live in a rural environment away from pollutants, or a dry climate.
5. Find what suits you We suggest discovering what works for you and your hair and sticking to it. Keep in mind, working with InVogue Stylists to develop your hair care routine will take all the guess work.
6. Don’t forget to moisturize The skin on your scalp requires moisture just like the skin on your face, this encourages a healthy foundation for hair to grow. A general recommendation is to condition your hair each time you shampoo. The moisturizing shouldn’t end once you leave the shower. Even if you’re not heat-styling your hair, you should comb through a protective product like Artego 26 leave in Hydration to combat any daily concerns. It can reduce frizz, dryness, split ends, and even protect the brightness of your colour.
7. Be gentle when brushing Before you go ahead ripping a comb or brush through your strands, think twice about taking your time to be gentle. We recommend using a detangler brush. And always start brushing from the ends and working your way up the hair shaft to avoid mass knotting.
8. Don't be a stranger Even if you are growing your hair, it is important to continue to visit to get "just the ends" trimmed to prevent split ends. A haircut every six to eight weeks is necessary. What happens is when the split ends travels up the hair shaft, Once your hair splits, there’s no going back, so make sure to keep it trimmed to prevent harmful breakage before it begins.
9. Eat foods that are rich in vitamins For all the attention we pay to the hair follicle once it leaves the scalp, it is also important to remember good health starts from the inside. We know that what you eat plays a huge role in gloss, growth and volume of your hair. A diet rich in iron, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein will help to stimulate your follicles for growth. And vegetarians also need a supplement boost.
10. Protect your hair in the sun Living in sunny Brisbane where the sun is strong, it’s crucial to note the impacts the sun has on our hair. We see the damages sun can have on skin but even though your hair suffers just as much it can be harder to assess. To prevent sun damage, we recommend applying a leave-in conditioning treatment every other day like 26 leave in or angel magic from Me&my. Apply from the mid to lengths of the hair to help your hair deal with UV rays, aircon, wind and saltwater.
Always ask if you are unsure or would like another haircare suggestion :)